The Social Committee has decided to discontinue updating the blog effective immediately. We will be posting all future updates into our private group in a neighborhood social network called Nextdoor. Nextdoor will allow us to better control group membership. Currently, it is not possible to verify if users who subscribe to this blog live in the community. Here is more info about Nextdoor, taken from their website:
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It’s the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it’s free.
Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home.
People are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Click here to sign up for Nextdoor. The social network is accessible via desktop and mobile.